1 This is a competition to join the Friends of Bookends reviewer panel (the ‘Review Panel’). Members of the Review Panel will receive early copies of titles (’Review Copies’) to be promoted on the Bookends website and will be expected to write and submit reviews of those books for use on the site and on social media. Members will be expected to supply at least one review every two months and may risk being removed from the panel if this is not delivered. There will be up to 15 winners selected. The Company reserves the right to select fewer than 15 winners if there are not enough entries of sufficient quality in accordance with the criteria specified below. To enter, please :
- Fill in the form provided
- Tell us why you want to review for us in fewer than 300 words
- The winners will be selected from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions based on the following criteria: writing quality, diligence and enthusiasm. The winners shall be selected by the Bookends team, whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The entries may be posted on the
www.WelcometoBookends.co.uk website and on other websites and social media accounts. We will try to include your name but this may not always be possible.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter.
- The competition opens at 12:01 am BST on 2nd April 2020 and closes at 11:59 pm BST on 19th April 2020. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
- The competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk. Entries will not be returned.
- By entering this competition:
- you agree and warrant that (i) your entry is your own original work; and (ii) nothing in your entry is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s rights. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in the competition and the Review Panel.
- you hereby grant to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide and for all languages, licence to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use your entry for any purpose, in any manner and in all media now known or hereinafter devised. Furthermore, you waive all moral rights whatsoever in your entry. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company is under no obligation to make any use of your entry and the Company shall make no payment to you for any use of your entry.
- By opting to participate in the Review Panel and submitting reviews (‘Reviews) to the Company, winners of the competition:
(a) warrant that (i) the Reviews are their own original work; and (ii) nothing in the Reviews is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s rights.
(b) hereby grant to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide and for all languages, licence to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use the Reviews for any purpose, in any manner and in all media now known or hereinafter devised. Furthermore, the winners waive all moral rights whatsoever in the Reviews. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company is under no obligation to make any use of the Reviews and the Company shall make no payment to winners for any use of the Reviews.
- The Company is not responsible for contacting to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The Company reserves the right to alter or cancel the competition without notice, but will try to avoid creating any undue disappointment. No cash alternatives will be provided.
- The winners’ names will be published on www.WelcometoBookends.co.uk on or after 1st May 2020.
- The Company will contact winners to explain how the Review Panel works and to obtain their postal address in order that the Review Copies can be sent out. If a winner cannot be contacted or is unable or does not wish to participate in the Review Panel the Company reserves the right to select another winner.
- The Company is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the competition and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice https://www.hachette.co.uk/Information/Privacy.page It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the competition and the Review Panel and will delete it after a reasonable period from the end of the competition or, in the case of the winners, the end of their participation in the Review Panel. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, telephone numbers) for the competition. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of delivering the Review Copies and administering the Review Panel. The Company may need to provide the winners’ addresses and other relevant information to its distributor Bookpoint Limited/Hachette UK Distribution Limited and to other companies within the Hachette Group of companies to administer the Review Panel and to enable the Review Copies to be sent.
- By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This competition is being organised by Hachette UK Limited, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ
- These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.