Today these three fabulous authors take us behind the scenes of their summer getaways and give us a peek at what items are guaranteed to be found in their beach bags at all times. Part of the Bookends Beach Party series.
Kay Langdale, author of The Way Back to Us
This is where I’m outed as being a total skincare and cosmetics addict. The best nude lipstick ever is a personal holy grail. So, in my beach bag there’s mainly stuff to preserve me.
- Ultrasun sun screen which I love
- A Chanel lip gloss which keeps my lips soft and doesn’t get too much sand stuck to it when the sea breeze skitters
- A L’Oreal or Kerastase hair oil which smells divine
- My holiday sunglasses. I LOVE sunnies. This year’s pair are blue, Italian and very cool
- Opi vitamin E nail oil. What’s not to like about a little nail nourishing and massaging as you watch the waves?
Lucy Daniels, author of Summer at Hope Meadows
A waterproof jacket, a flask of warm coffee, something to sit on, and (again) my trusty camera.
Talulah Riley, author of Acts of Love
Sunscreen, a couple of books, a bottle of water, a lot of accumulated sand…
If you enjoyed this little sneak peek, have a read of what some of our other authors won’t head to the beach without: https://www.welcometobookends.co.uk/blog/2017/08/inside-beach-bag-ft-chrissie-manby-emma-hannigan-sarah-maine-gill-paul/