Nina Mistry is the star of Radhika Sanghani’s upcoming Thirty Things I Love About Myself. After spending the last night of her twenties in a prison cell, with no one to use her one phone call with, Nina goes on a journey of self-discovery. We fell in love with her falling in love with herself, and we think you will, too.
Want to learn a little bit more about her? Here are 30 things we think you should know about Nina…
1) Nina is the ultimate Taurus
2) She’s one of the bravest fictional heroines out there
3) When she messes up, she’s strong enough to say sorry
4) She’s flawed but self-aware
5) She has the best sense of humour and always sees the funny side of life
6) Nina loves food. Like, a lot.
7) She constantly clashes with her mum – but still loves her
8) She would do anything for her brother
9) She’s always got her own back
10) Her life is both shitter and more interesting than her friends’ lives
11) Nina tries really hard
12) Nina often fails – but is it really failing, when she was brave enough to try?
13) She isn’t obsessed with finding a partner
14) She’s more obsessed with finding self-love
15) She’s easily excited. Especially by anything edible
16) She’s really into star signs and will ask you where your moon is
17) She’s never done tantra before, but that doesn’t mean she won’t try
18) Nina always puts herself out there
19) Her dream is to use her words to inspire others
20) She’s got a lot of energy
21) If she says she’ll do something, she does it
22) She’s the kind of friend who will always be there for you
23) She is full of love
24) She’s so much stronger than she thinks
25) She never gives up
26) Even though she left school over a decade ago, she still wants an A in everything
27) She’s stubborn – but also determined
28) She’s incredibly open
29) She is nothing like the rest of her family
30) She learns to really, truly 100% love herself
'Funny and charming' PANDORA SYKES
'Just brilliant!' NIMCO ALI
'So good!' JANE FALLON
'I absolutely love this book' EMMA GANNON
'A treat!' LAUREN BRAVO
'Heart-warming, affirming' MEGAN JAYNE CRABBE
'Brilliant, clever and funny!' BETH REEKLES
A Glamour 'Best Books for 2022'
One of Bustle's '12 Books By British Women Of Colour To Look Out For In 2022'
When Nina Mistry hits rock bottom - because no one plans to turn thirty in a prison cell - a tatty little self-help book finds its way into her hands. She doesn't think she needs it; why would a strong, sensible Taurus like her go on a 'life-changing journey' to fix herself? But her inner journalist is curious. Within minutes, she's hooked. By the time the sun comes up, she knows exactly what she needs to do . . .
'This book will change your life . . . if you're brave enough to let it.'
This will not be a journey for the faint-hearted, but whatever else Nina has messed up in her life, she's never been afraid of a challenge.
'30 bold steps. One year.'
Her mother is - as always - appalled. Her brother is too depressed to care. The love of her life? He's already moved on. And her friends . . . well, that's another story.
But Nina has Nina.
And she's about to find out if that's enough.
'It's time for a brand new kind of love story. Are you ready?'
THIRTY THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MYSELF is a gloriously uplifting novel for anyone who has ever had a self-worth wobble, or is watching someone they love struggle; it is for any woman who has ever failed and got herself right back up again, or whose life is veering a little off track!
We think it's the book your best friend would recommend you start reading right now. And it might well make you radically rethink everything you know about love . . .
This is what early readers of #30Things have to say:
'I absolutely fell in love'
'I love the freshness of Radhika's voice and of course I LOVE NINA'
'Warm, witty and wise'
'Genuinely laugh-out-loud funny'
'What a wonderful novel'
'Such a positive message, for women of all ages!'
'It had me at the dedication! A lesson for me, and for every woman I know and love!'
'I needed this book!'
'It's raw, honest and achingly funny'
'Relatable, universal and entirely unique'
'The self-care message resonated very powerfully with me'
'Funny, clever and inviting. . . pulls you in then refuses to let you go'
'Impossible to put down'
'It feels really fresh and so right for now'
'I couldn't stop thinking about Nina!'
*** SET YOURSELF UP FOR AN IRRESISTIBLE TREAT THIS JANUARY - PRE-ORDER NOW!***